Monday, January 22, 2007

Pajamas All Day

We spent all day Saturday in our pajamas.

Jack Frost finally delivered the promised accumilation and we were snowed in Saturday morning (eight inches out our front door.)

So when the children went to get dressed that morning I told them all to stay in their pajamas. We were headed outside and they all needed two layers to keep them warm.

We built a snow fort. Bug built a snowman. Miss M turned her into an 'old snow woman' by giving her a nice effeminate hat. Tiny froze out the quickest because while I told them to stay in their pajamas, I didn't explain that it was to help keep their soon to be wet legs a little warmer for a little longer. He was wearing boxer short pajamas.

We walked our sled over to an old mining pit nearby and tried it out. The pit wasn't deep enough so the joy rides lasted about two seconds. At least none of the kids complained about having to tromp through the snow for our fruitless escapade.

Last night when I went to bed there was a dusting on our van. I thought how dissappointed the kids would be in the morning to have to go back to school. I woke up to make breakfast with Bug and found that a new seven inches had fallen through the night. What!!??? This new storm wasn't supposed to do that! Add that to the four that were left from the first storm and we almost had a foot.

They closed the road going to my job but when I called our front gate they let me know that employees were being allowed to come through the barricade. Man I wish DPS would do a better job at protecting the community. There's another hill a little further tromp through the snow I wanted to try out with the kids.

2 comments:

bec said...

Darn those DPS officers. Someone should call 911 and complain.

Anonymous said...

Words can not explain the love for this post, so they won't.