Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Driving Lessons



I had this exact conversation with my lovely Miss M yesterday. Of course she didn't say that I never let her do anything, but I'm sure she thought it. Actually she said that I'm no fun. (Of course she forgot about that by last night and was telling me just how wonderful she thought I was right before brownie time.)

When she was little I used to let her drive my Nissan Pickup home from church sitting on my lap. I wasn't too concerned because she would be buckled, there wasn't an air bag, and we lived in Kearny, AZ. (Think middle of nowhere... but a wonderful little town.)

Granted, where she was asking to drive was off-road, on the way home. (That's gonna have to be another blog.) But the air bag issue is a huge psycological barrier for me. Am I overblowing the issue? Is this a legitimate concern? Should I just not worry about it since the chance of encountering another car on the way home would be almost nil? I have visions of her poor little head being cocked back like a Miss M PEZ dispenser.

Of course, nerry a qualm letting all of the children ride in the back of the truck down the dirt road.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

It's the whole PEZ dispenser image that freaks me out too. It's too real in my mind.

You are a lot of fun, even when you are driving sometimes...it just depends on the perspective of the person sitting next to you.