Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Nintendo DS or "Dumb Stupor"

Its a ritual. Sometime before bed EVERY night, I must turn on our nintendo DS and play a round of Brain Age. We've had this game since about new years and it hasn't gotten too old yet. What I really like about it the most is that once you've run through all of the activities once, it is really easy to turn off. Instead of an obsesive video game addiction, I'm only dealing with about twenty minutes a night. (That kind of reminds me of the New Years cigarette quitters at work..."I only smoke three a day...")

We actually got the DS for Christmas this year and spent the first week in a game induced stupor. Playing Big Brain Academy.

I whole heartily blame this stupor on my older brother Ollie and his lovely wife. They brought their own DSs and Big Brain to Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving. We should have been in a Turkey stupor but were in a video game stupor instead.

So, if no one answers the phone tonight when you call, you can blame Ollie and Laura. They put me in the stupor. I'll recover once I hit 20...

2 comments:

bec said...

...you're not answering. Stupee.

Anonymous said...

The fact that it is a 20 minute stupor really does make it a bit more palatable than the 4 month "Wheel of Time" series induced stupor last winter and spring. I still miss you while you are "stupored" though.