Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Daisy on my (daughter's) toe

My sister Ne-Ne taught me a song once that I love:

There's a daisy on my toe
It is not real
It does not grow
It's just a tattoo of a flower
So I'll look cute
When I'm taking a shower
It's on the second toe
Of my left foot
It has a stem
But there's no root
(Because That wouldn't look right )
My right foot loves My left foot so.

I guess it was originated by the Smother's brothers and the lyrics are slightly different but once you learn a song one way there is no changing it.

So for Christmas Miss M got nail decals. She put one on every one of Lucy's toes. I sang her the song and thought of my sister.

That's the good thing with a song like that. It may have originated with the Smothers brothers, but its mine now.... and maybe it'll be Lucy's too.

4 comments:

kodiak73 said...

I think I have discovered my brother's new years resolution. Write one post a day. Other than the 1st (maybe you are skipping Holidays) you have one for 3 straight days. Go figure! Even if you have to rely on obscure Psalm quotes and references to toe tatoos...

Anonymous said...

I love this song...and the fact that you are posting about toenail stickers.

I'll always remember the various daisies that have adorned my 2nd toe on my left foot.

Papa J said...

Ne-ne, I didn't forget anything... this is MY song now, I can do what I want with it. :)

Anonymous said...

Pat,
I love that you sing sweet little songs to your daughters. My dad used to do that to me. Your girls will adore you! Keep it up.