Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Another Psalm for life

Okay, I know that you read the scriptures on your own. I just can't help sharing some of the nuggets I find on my own.

Have you ever been asked to be an usher at Stake Conference? It has always felt like a fairly useless job to me. I know that they are needed to take a head count of the attendees, and I also know they are going to hand out programs where not enough were printed and yet one family has six of them. Still you could get the same results with the program by placing them on a chair by the entrance.

So here is my scriptorial attitude adjustment: Psalms 84:10 "For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness."

Obviously, this applies to more than just the usher at Stake conference. I guess really what this means is that I should be happy no matter what the calling I have because God is letting me in his kingdom.

Okay, I'll be an usher if I am asked...but you're only getting one program.

1 comment:

Papa J said...

And yet, this psalmist made it sound like it was the lowest of all callings in the church. You better keep it secret or there'll be a line for it.