Friday, March 09, 2007

Someone Else's Blog

If you read my blog you know I like poetry. I recently posted one of my grandfather's poems.

Last night as we cleaned our room my wife tossed me a poem she had written. Its one of her best. So, while this is hardly my blog, today I'll blog for my wife.

Elixir
Weariness furrows my brow,
frustrations fill my view.
Daily toiling takes its toll
Upon my heart and spirit.
.
The joys of our lives
Bring sorrow too,
angry words and looks,
disobedience and defiance.
.
Amid the daily struggles,
One bright light can cut through any trial...
Your voice, your touch, your smile,
Renews my waning tolerance.
.
Renews without requesting anything,
No demands of selfish nature here,
Just joy, complete and whole,
As our day ends...within each others view.
.
KMJ 2006
.
I love this poem. It could so easily come from me to her. She is my Elixir.
***I can hear the Austin Powers voice in my head saying, "Yeah, baby!"***

No comments: