Thursday, March 22, 2007

On being guided by the Spirit

I am grateful for a father and mother that tought me the importance of the Holy Ghost. The importance of doing what is right all of the time. The importance of being worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost.

So many times in my life I have known what path to take and taken those first steps onto that path not with fear and anxiety but with confidence. Even though I didn't know what would happen next, the spirit reassures. The spirit enlightens.

Some would say we're crazy for having a seventh child on the way. I say simply, "I know its right."

Some would say we're crazy for not moving on to a better paying job, the spirit said stay.

The best part of this whole equation? When I'm working with my wife on a problem, we always get the same or complimentary council from the Spirit. Two seperate witnesses. That means that when the world calls us crazy, I can confidently move forward, not doubting that oh so subtle prompting.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

You're crazy!
Do you really think that God speaks to you??

Amazing to see the workings of God in our lives, in reality, isn't it?
And it is nice to have a 2nd witness.
It helps you feel as if you're not quite "crazy" just yet.

Very insightful post.

Anonymous said...

Pat
thanks for putting that so well. I really appreciate being able to see that at work in your lives. It helps me not to feel so crazy that I believe in it too. I think this little one on the way is amazingly lucky to have such crazy parents.
"Being crazy is the only thing that keeps me sane"