Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Getting out of bed

Most mornings I wake up one of the children a little before six and we make breakfast together. Waffles were supposed to be on the menu this morning; however, when I went to wake Miss M (who is one of my true larks) she let me know that she was too tired to wake up and make breakfast. I stumbled back to my bed for twenty minutes more.

I had a good chuckle at the girls expense too. Lucy had her head on Miss M's chest like she was a pillow.

Unfortunately, I did miss my normal time with Miss M. With six kids you don't get a whole lotta 1 0n 1 time with each kid.

So... Here's a short poem for my Miss M

Bleary eyed and incoherant
Not a good time
to make a decision
I head back to bed

So looking forward
when opportunity returns
I'll let my convictions win
and some sleep be lost.

No comments: