Tuesday, February 13, 2007

More moisture

Crud!

Its snowing again. When I was little ... no, when I lived on a paved street my mantra was "Let it snow!" After spending all of January fearing the trip home, mainly because I knew that my wife was pregnant and had the potential of getting stuck, I was ready for a dry February. Nope, its snowing today and the snow isn't sticking. Everything is wet and I've got the brown snot road to look forward to on the way home. Of course, the fact that it is good to have moisture in a desert isn't lost on me. I just felt like doing a little whining.

The weather I truly love is deep snow. While that is what made January so miserable, at least you get some joy in return.

I'll also take a scorching hot summer day next to a swimming pool anytime. Better yet next to my favorite swimming hole....I'll have to post on that one later.

1 comment:

kodiak73 said...

The Georgians laugh at those of us from out west that insist on thanking Heavenly Father for the rain because they know we must have moved east. Rain, and its life giving nature, is most definatly not appreciated like it is in the west. As for your road, like I told your wife, just don't invite the missionaries over...