Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Work and Play

I spent the last week entirely with my family. Hours and hours with my wife. Compare that to this week where I will be lucky to spend 12 concious hours together with her this week. Most of those will be on Saturday and Sunday.

Work takes the majority of my time away from the family. Church takes most of what's left in the evenings from either me or Kristine. Saturday there is usually something planned either with the church or as a family event.

Family time becomes sacred.

Four days on vacation. Two with good friends making our total group rather large; yet, every moment that we were together as a family was tonic for my soul. Two days and a half days were our family alone. It went so quickly. It went so deep.

This vacation was our first family vacation this year as I have been tasked at work implementing a new system for the company at two locations here in New Mexico.

Coming back to work this week I can feel the renewal and a new vigor in my work activities. A little bit of play has gone a long long way.

I play, I am renewed.
I have laughed
joy in the laughter returned.

I work, I am renewed.
I have accomplished
satisfaction, efforts that improve.

I serve, I am renewed.
I have helped
giving I have grown.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

I have tears in my eyes after reading about what our vacation meant to you. I look forward to the day when we can spend our days together...with no "work" to interrupt our time together.

I love you.