Thursday, October 19, 2006

Name that Line Oct 19, 2006

Here is the latest installment of name that line:
1 point for the movie, 1 point for the character's name, 1 point for the actor's name an extra 5 points if you can legitamately name another movie that has the same line not including different versions of the same movie.

e-mail any suggestions you want to contribute to next week's installment to: pnkjohn@hotmail.com

"1. Oh great and powerful Steve, what do you want?!"
"2. Family comes first!...Honeymoon!...Honeymoon."
"3. A little revolution every now and then is a healthy thing. Don't you think?"
"4. How can you help me if you don't believe in me? Some magic's real"
"5. These are the years when a man changes into the man he is going to become for the rest of his life. Just be careful who you change into."
"6. Major Strasser has been shot. Round up the usual suspects."
"7. Great! You killed the invisible swordsman!" "Yep, he's dead." "How was I supposed to know where he was?" "You were suppossed to fire up. We both fired up. It's like living with a six year old."
"8. Did I not instruct that box five was to be kept empty?"
"9. The fault was mine and so must the remedy be. It was through my mistake in pride that Mr. W____'s character has not been made known to the world."
"10. I, uh, kinda promised the blueberries I'd teach them kanasta."

How many points did you get?

The first comment holds the answer key.

2 comments:

Papa J said...

1. Over the Hedge, Ozzie, William Shatner
2. Click, Michael Newman, Adam Sandler
3. The Hunt for Red October, Captain Marko Ramius, Sean Connery
4. The Sixth Sense, Cole Sear, Haley Joel Osment
5. Spiderman, Uncle Ben Parker, Cliff Robertson
6. Casablanca, Captain Louis Renault, Claude Rains
7. The Three Amigos, Lucky Day, Steve Martin; Ned Nederlander, Martin Short; Dusty Bottoms, Chevy Chase (This one is worth 7 points instead of just three.)
8. The Phantom of the Opera, The Phantom, Gerard Butler
9. A&E's Pride and Predjudice, Mr. Darcy, Colin Firth
10. A Bug's Life, Francis, Denis Leary

If I didn't create this myself I would have got 21 out of 34 points this week.

kodiak73 said...

Definately not a good one for me, only 6 pts, but I have not seen 4 of the movies, of the remaining 6, 2 I have only seen once many years ago, and only 2 have I seen in the last year, and only one did I "sit down to watch" that particular movie... I guess I'm saying I don't feel too bad here. Of the 6 movies I have seen, I can think of far more memorable lines from each of them. Go with "I see dead people" and I would have known it. Thanks for the challenges though...