Saturday, September 15, 2007

A quick catch up

I apologize to the four people that are at all interested in my ramblings. After three months of a no excuse absence I have finally felt a stirring of a desire to post some of my thoughts online once again.

A quick recap of my life happenings while I've been away.

I took the scouts to scout camp (where I grew a Fu-man-chew for the first time in my life.) Bug's first year... We had a blast.

My parents had a fiftieth anniversary... My wife was two weeks away from delivering our #7. I flew up to Salt Lake to celebrate with my parents and spent the whole time wishing that my wife and kids could have come with me.

Lucky #7 was born on July 30th. We thought he was going to be a girl. I'm sure he'll have to endure some teasing about that point for the rest of his life. He does have some luck heading his way. He is the seventh child, of a seventh child, of a seventh child. Not quite a seventh son, of a seventh son, but still cool. He's also the fiftieth family member on his paternal side starting with the grandparents and including spouses.

I've started back to school after a month off during the summer.

They've hired a new man at work to take on about a third of my previously assigned responsibilities. He's gung-ho and doing a great job. I'm stressing a lot less at work as you can imagine.

I've started teaching myself Mandarin Chinese. Mainly just to keep the mental juices flowing.

I'll try not to take nearly as long of a hiatus, but I can't make any promises for two reasons: Blogspot is now a taboo website from work, so I won't be checking anybody's posts except in my spare time from home, and that is a pretty rare commodity.

5 comments:

Kristine said...

I'm first, I'm first.
You have been rightfully occupied...I'm so grateful for your help...in every way.

kodiak73 said...

Welcome back. I'm looking forward to your log as promised on my blog. Here, to help you get started... I used 12 this morning, 3 lengths of 4 sheets. I'm a folder btw, wadders would have used 20-30 and contributed to global warming. I think you, Al Gore, and Sheryl Crow should start a no more wadding campaign. I know you are already Mr. One Wipey per diaper, you just need to extend it to TP now.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You're back! (And what about the drive back from boys camp, plus the shower?) Just kidding.

Papa J said...

Alas, I have already lost count. I too am a folder, but I'm not going to really start counting.

Incognito said...

welcome back, Buddy.. and congrats on all the stuff that's happened including the 7th of the 7th.. that's pretty amazing and very, very cool!!