Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Why I am a Proud Papa

I shall not go into my childhood bewilderment with MY father's and grandfather's hate of the word "Papa." I shall instead simply and briefly state why I am proud to claim the title.
1. Six children
2. It's universally understood in latin based languages
3. Six well behaved children
4. It implies a relationship to a mama. (Don't read too deep on that one.)
5. It carries responsibility
6. My children honor me every day I come home with a happy chorus of "Pa-pa-J-J-J, Pa-pa-J-J-J-J." Sung to the intro of Styx's "Blue Collar Man"

2 comments:

kodiak73 said...

And here I thought it was just because "Diaries of a proud late for supper" was just too long to work with...

Anonymous said...

It is a joyful thing to see so many kids anticipate the arrival of the "papa".

It has been a true gift to be the mama in this relationship and see you enjoy every minute of papahood.